Relegated Char;ton are considering a legal challenge over Wednesday being given a 12-point deduction for next season.
The independent disciplinary panel delivered its long-awaited verdict last night after finding us guilty of breaking spending rules by including the sale of Hillsborough in our 2017-18 accounts, despite the ground being sold a year later.
But the club was cleared of “breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information”.
If the points deduction had been imposed for the 2019-20 season then we would have been relegated, with Charlton staying up, and now the London club have said they are considering a legal challenge.
In a club statement they said: “We fail to understand why the deduction will take place next season rather than the current season, which seems to be irrational, and are writing to the EFL to get an explanation of the justification.”
Wednesday welcomed the decision that the commission had cleared us of acting in bad faith and said they will await written reasons from the disciplinary panel before considering any appeal over the points deduction.